1. Students will learn and practice the indirect communication skills needed to pass each patient care skill on Lab Finals and on the state’s Nursing Assistant Certification Exam.
2. Students will learn what to say during each procedure in order to promote safety, dignity, patient’s rights, cooperation, accuracy, and efficiency.
3. Students will communicate effectively with residents while performing each skill.
- Activity Instructions and Handouts: A4 A Resource for Lab Skills Communication
- Unit: Communication Basics
- Course: Nursing Assistant with ESL Support
Developed by Penny Mortier, ESL Instructor
School of Adult and General Education Central New Mexico Community College