1. Students will demonstrate strategies for effective basic communication on the job.
2. Student will incorporate skills such as paraphrasing, asking for clarification and showing interest when speaking with patients and co-workers
3. Students will learn about non-verbal communication in the U.S. culture.
- Activity Instructions and Handouts: A1 Communication Basics
- Unit: Communication Basics
- Course: Nursing Assistant with ESL Support
Developed by Penny Mortier, ESL Instructor
School of Adult and General Education Central New Mexico Community College