· Learn about services offered to the elderly at various centers in the area.
· Apply and practice their communication skills with the elderly by interviewing a client at a local multigenerational community center.
· Use knowledge of basic human needs and the elderly to evaluate whether the facility is meeting these needs.
· Use teamwork to accomplish a task
- Activity Instructions and Handouts: A7 The Community Awareness Project
- Unit: Communication Basics
- Course: Nursing Assistant with ESL Support
Developed by Penny Mortier, ESL Instructor
School of Adult and General Education Central New Mexico Community College